The view of Aynhoe Park, when you first pass through its lavish gates, fills you with pride and admiration. “Good morning Madam” greeted the butler as we arrived at the front door of this stunning country home. Aynhoe Park is a party home to celebrate life with family and friends with stunning venues and accommodation in 16 one-of-a-kind bedrooms; with the option for 6 apartments with 12 additional bedrooms.
Aynhoe Park is so special, compared to many other country estates in Britain. It’s a real home, full of warmth, dedication and surprises. The interiors are creative, fascinating and exciting; filled with taxidermy, amazing pieces of art and a great warm atmosphere. The owner, a passionate collector of the historic, the unusual and beautiful has made Aynhoe Park a delightful wonderland full of stories told through objects and artworks.
Just 50 minutes from London, Aynhoe Park with its 250 acres of Capability Brown Oxfordshire countryside, sits in the medieval village of Aynho on the edge of the Cotswolds.
Aynhoe Park was originally built in 1615 by the Cartwright family and has been updated over the years as each generation adds their touches. In 1707 Cartwright’s grandson engaged Architect Thomas Archer to enlarge his Jacobean home and include fine touches such as the grand main staircase. Further embellishments followed, introduced by Sir John Soane who remodelled Aynhoe in 1798.
In 2003, James Perkins bough Aynhoe after the dissolution of the Country Houses Association which had converted the building into flats. James has undertook the challenge of restoring Aynhoe, remaining true to the creative vision of Archer and Soane whilst bringing it up to date with his stylish personal touch. Today this Grade 1 listed country house hosts prestigious guests, weddings and parties.
After visiting the property, we noted the most unforgettable traits of this unique estate:
- A grand Palladian house with rural views
- Large private collection of plaster corbels, modern sculptures and eclectic taxidermy
- The passion, vision and hospitality of the present owner
- Hollywood Regency style salon with theatrical flourishes
- The grand dining room, a stunning venue for a celebration
- The vast gallery-like space of the Orangery
- The privileged archives in the owner’s private library
- The secret spaces and cubiholes to explore
- The opulent, creative and welcoming bedrooms
- The support of the personal butler and their team
- The tailor made menus, locally sourced and farm fresh
- The fine English country house tea
- The memorabilia-decorated games room with yellow baise billiard table
- The outdoor wooden deck entertainment area with BBQ and hot tub
Aynhoe Park is one of our British Country Estates for rental. Somewhere to discover the country pursuits and history of the Oxfordshire countryside and within a short distance from the quaint villages and antique shops of the Cotswolds.
This year Aynhoe Park is celebrating being on the doorstep of the home of british racing, opening their doors for the 2016 Formula 1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone, hosting the ultimate in luxurious stays.
For more information about Aynhoe Park's offering and our other country homes, please get in touch.